For as in one body we have many members, and all the members do not have the same function, so we, though many, are one body … we have gifts that differ according to the favor bestowed on each of us
We are a church that has a heart for reaching all people with the love of God, and we are striving to uphold the mission stated by Presbyterians for Disabilities Concerns:
To affirm that all people are created in the image of God, to affirm, support and advocate the gifts, rights and responsibilities of persons with disabilities in the total life of the church; and to assist the church to fully accept persons with disabilities and to embrace their gifts.
First Church is currently equipped with:
- Parking for people with physical disabilities: These are located by the parking lot entrance to the church, off of Cameron Street. The parking lot entrance has a small flight of stairs to the main level of the church, but there is an elevator that can be used to go from the entry level to the first floor.
- Worship spaces that accommodate wheelchairs: In the Sanctuary the back row of pews and the front row of pews accommodate wheelchairs. In the Fellowship Hall tables easily allow for wheelchairs and the seating arrangement is flexible.
- Three elevators on the campus to allow full access to ALL levels of the church buildings.
- Wheelchair accessible restrooms and water fountains in multiple locations.
- Bulletins, Bibles and hymnals in large print.
- Braille nomenclature on elevator and room entryways.